Wednesday, September 28, 2016

September 25th - My last testimony

Don't worry mom the last part has been done. 

Well the time is finally here my final week in the mission. I can't believe it. 

This week will be a great ending as we will have 4 people baptized this week. It would've been 5 but one of our investigators drank a shot before church :( I'm sad that I will be missing his baptism because I've been teaching him since June and I thought for sure this coming Saturdayit was gonna happen. Although I won't be there I'm happy that he will still be baptized. 

We put in a lot of great work this week and had amazing things happen. One of our investigators who was struggling really hard with the lessons in understanding and remembering them had a huge turn around and knows our message to be true and understands really well. Lets just say she went from saying that prophets "receive other worlds" and that "Joseph Smith is our heavenly father" to explaining why the fall of Adam and Eve is so important and explaining other basic parts of our message. She's 15 but she has come to know by the power of prayer and the Holy Ghost that the restored gospel is true. The other 3 that will be baptized are ready. One I have been teaching since June, the other I have annoyed and bugged/invited to listen but never spoke back to us is getting baptized, and one that thought she would only be baptized after 5 years is getting baptized. All this because they have come to know by the power of the Holy Ghost that this is God's true church restored through the Prophet Joseph Smith.

Well these past 100+ weeks have been awesome. I will miss the palm trees and the ocean views. I will miss the wonderful people here and the volcanoes. I will miss everything about it here. I've learned and changed a lot over the course of my mission and it's bittersweet to see that it's coming to an end. There are a lot of people that I've met and helped, many that have helped me, some that have cursed at me, many that have told me that what we do is a waste of time, many I have seen changed by the gospel, many I have seen come to know the truth but not accept it. I have some shed tears because of the joy and blessings they have received because of the Gospel. I truly believe that I have met and taught people I conversed with in the pre-existence. I feel I have found my friends, my brothers and sisters. Overall I have strengthened my testimony of the Savior and His Gospel. I know that Joseph Smith was a true prophet called of God and that He restored God's church on the earth. I know that this is the only true and living church because of the Priesthood keys which are in it. I know that God does and will always speak to man on earth through his servants the prophets. I know that the Book of Mormon is true and that it is absolutely impossible to prove that it is not. I am grateful for these awesome two years which have come to be the best two years. Time flies when you're having fun on the Lord's errand. God lives and He knows each and everyone of us and loves us more than we can comprehend. 

Nagpapasalamat ako sa aking mapagmahal na Ama sa langit na binigyan niya ako ng dalawang taon na maglingkod sa kanya. Maraming himala na nangyari sa mission ko. Ito talaga yung "best two years" na sinasabi. Mahal ko kayo at malapit na ko umuwi!


Love,


Elder Brown








No comments:

Post a Comment