Wednesday, September 28, 2016

September 18th - Grateful for my father

Magandang Umaga sa inyong lahat,

This week went by too fast. We had a lot of success with member present work and taught great lessons. We have been teaching a lot about prayer, receiving answers to them, and recognizing God's answers. That has been a challenge for 2 of our baptismal candidates so we have been focusing on them a lot. 

Conversion is crucial here because of the high percentage less-actives here. I have thought a lot about family life and how much a family will be blessed through living the gospel. I have thought about all the little primary things that I was raised up doing and how they just became a part of normal life. I read in my personal study a GC talk and it shared a verse about how Jesus said "the son can do nothing of himself but what he seeth the Father do." He was perfect because He only did what He saw and learned from His Father in  Heaven. 

In relation to this I'm grateful for my father and what I have learned from him. I continue to apply the things I have seen over the course of my life. I know that life would be so much better here for families if they lived and accepted the gospel of Jesus Christ. It would be awesome to see parents spending more time with their kids and doing FHE then seeing them gamble and play bingo, or spend a night drinking with others after a long day of work. 

I know that the Gospel and Church of Jesus Christ has been restored and is true. It is centered in Jesus Christ and in the family. I love you all and I'll be home soon! haha


Love,


Elder Brown












No comments:

Post a Comment