Friday, January 29, 2016

January 26th - Transfer to Donsol & email to the 'Itaaehau family

Hello family!
Sorry I wasn't able to email yesterday. There have been changes in the mission. Transfer days will now be on Mondays and we will have P-day on Tuesdays. So I've been transferred to my fifth area. I'm out of Matnog and I am now in Donsol with Elder Ivins. He's from T-ville Utah and he just finished his training so I will be following him up. I'm excited that I have been placed here because this area has suffered recently and needs work in the area. In this area I will not be the District Leader. It's no problem to me because there is not much of a difference.
I will miss my son Elder Fine but I am excited for him. They should have 2 baptisms on the 13th of February so I am kinda sad that I got transferred. This is what happened to me before when I left my second area so it's no biggie. But in my new area there will be a baptism this Saturday.
I am excited to be in this new area to serve the Lord and the people here. I am grateful for the time I had in Matnog because that was a tough one. No joke I felt like I was in the olympics because our area was like an olympic oval and with homes to our left and right. Everyday we did laps and laps and each strip is about 200 meters. Work was tiring because of the weather and also because we were hardly accepted. We always went out determined that there would be that one special house. Even after hours and hours we still had to push till 9. Although we never found that golden home, we did find people late at night who would let us in to share our message. A big difference from my first transfer there to my last. I'm glad we were able to fulfill our purpose in inviting others to come unto Christ.
That reminds me of what President Guanzon shared with our zone at our interviews this past week. It goes like this:
There was a master and servant. The master commanded his servant to go and push a rock about the size of a regular home for one hour everyday. The servant being obedient to his master went and did so. He pushed the rock everyday for one hour for a long period of time. The people of the town would watch and wonder if this man was crazy. Then one day a man approached him and aksed "why are you pushing this rock? You'll never move it it's too big you can't do it! Just look around everyone is staring at you and wondering why you are wasting your time!" The servant was embarrassed and sat down against the rock. A few minutes passed the master comes by and asks him astonishedly "what are you doing? I thought I told you to push that rock for one hour?" "I did" the servant replied "but why have you stopped" "because it's a waste of time I'll never be able to move this rock, you've just turned me into a fool!" The master being a very wise man then asked him to examine his body "look at your arms. What happened?" "They are bigger and have definition to them. "Look at your legs." "They too have gotten stronger and bigger!" "And what did I tell you to do?" "Just push the rock everyday for one hour" "Did I ask you to MOVE the rock?" "No" the servant replied. Then the master taught him this important lesson "I told you to PUSH the rock, not MOVE the rock. I know you cannot move the rock, it's too big! But I know that you can push it. And because you listened you have been blessed. I don't tell you to do things because I want you to look like a fool but because I love you, and I know it will bless you."
We as missionaries have been commanded to share the restored gospel and invite others to come unto Christ. To baptize them. For me the story and President was talking right to me. Although our message has not been accepted, we haven't been received by all people, people have really told us that we are wasting are time because there are too many of their religion in their area. They have asked us why we waste are time walking around killing ourselves when our work will amount to nothing, when the Mormons are not the biggest group. With that question I stand with Mormon in proudly saying that "I am disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. [And that] I have been called of Him to declare His word among His people, that they might have everlasting life."
"Fools mock, but they shall mourn"

Love,

Elder Brown

Hello Itaaehau family!

Thank you very much for the email and the lyrics. As for you questions I am doing great and loving my time here. My companion and I also are too. The members are awesome I love them here. In all of my areas it has always been very hard to say goodbye to them. Finding and teaching has been a challenge but very good. It's awesome to see the Lord's hand everyday. Whether during the hard times or the good times he's always there.

Just like the song lyrics you sent and the experiences you shared with it. They are very powerful words and bring in a special spirit. It truly is a wonderful that the Savior has completed a perfect Atonement. Oh how we need Him every single day. I have come to realize that so much more here serving in His field. 

 As I was reading this I am reminded of the many times I took piano lessons and never really succeeded at it. My mom would laugh and say I told you so and I haven't told her yet but I really wish I put more effort into learning piano. It would really help in my branch where I am serving and possibly in future areas or any kind of gathering where a piano would be played. 

Thank you again very very much for this and for the love and support, even though I am miles and miles away.


Love,


Elder Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment