Monday, January 18, 2016

January 18th - The widow, Nanay

Magandang Gabi!

Man you guys are lucky you got to hear Voni and Charlotte perform together. I miss musical numbers from the ward. It's good to hear that you guys had a good treat but I gotta tell ya I miss pizza hut so much and also chuck a rama haha. Shoutout to Alton for being smooth on the snow and also with the latinas haha!

This week for us was great because we received 11 referrals from one companionship of sisters in my district. It's in their area but it's hard for them to teach the 11 because of the opposite sex rule and teaching.We have been able to teach 3 of them and they are awesome. One is a member and 2 are investigators who are looking forward to baptism. It's been a real confidence booster and also refreshing to see instant results. One of the hardest parts of missionary work is waiting. But that's what can also make it that much sweeter when the fruit is good and grown. We set a very high goal this week to try and get 201 OYMs in one week. It's high but but highly achievable. 

I received a letter recently from one of me and Elder Lee-Lo's recent convert. She's a widowed nanay who is still strong in the church and looking forward to her one year mark on the 24th. It's great to see that she has been strong up to this point because it is a challenge here in the Philippines; staying active in the church. 

I often like to reflect sometimes during the day about how much time I wasted before I served my mission. It makes me that much more grateful for our Savior Jesus Christ. That He has changed me through serving a mission. I testify that this work is of the greatest importance on the face of this earth. This has truly been the best time of my life because of the man I am becoming. The Savior has truly become my best friend.

As for your questions to me mom don't stress and know that what you think I would do, is what I will do.



Love,


Elder Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment