Tuesday, January 5, 2016

December 28th - Grateful for the gift of trial

Do I really sound that different? I thought it would be normal now because I'm training a foreigner so I don't speak tagalog 100% of the time. It's been about 9 months since I've had a foreigner. I really enjoyed that talk by Elder Lawrence that one was one of my favorites, about asking the Lord what we need to do to improve. It's something you definitely do a lot as a missionary. That's a great goal that you have set mom so do what it takes to reach it.

That's good to hear that Alton received some good luck from us. I would suggest that he read Elder M. Russell Ballard's talk about following up haha. I'm sure he knows it by heart now. I find it funny that he was trying to set up a date while skyping with his own famliy haha. And Elder Fine said you were right about that, the family history. Truly a small world.

And that soap stuff I don't use it but a lot of people here do. Even my companion. He was so happy that it's cheap here cause like in america it's expensive in Tonga. Or mamafa haha. I've just been using some ethyl alcohol thing. It's what my trainer did and it helped him. Ang guwapo ko ngayon! hahaha

Although Christmas in my area felt like just another day it was still an important day to remember our Savior Jesus Christ. Because of that, when I was approached yesterday at church by the branch president to give a talk, I decided that the Savior would be the center of my talk. It was atonement centered. As for gifts I am grateful for the gift of trial that God has given me. The hardships I have faced on my mission have brought me closer to Him. I am brought back to the story of the gardener and I too can say that I look back today on those days that were very trying, and say thank you to the Gardener above; For the way that he builds those who have a desire to serve Him.

Thank you all for the time we had in our short little skype. I did the math and I will skype you guys again in 5 months. And 5 months after that I'll see you again when I return home.


Love,


Elder Brown






























No comments:

Post a Comment