Monday, October 26, 2015

October 26th - Little miracle, keep on praying!

Hello family!

I can't believe the Lavulo's are home already. It feels like it was just yesterday that I was at their home home teaching them. I enjoyed listening to the talks you sent, send them my love.  Alton sounds very different. My mission rules are different from Sister Alapa's. We can use ipods for music but we definitely can't watch disney movies for any reason unless by approval. Lucky them! haha. And that story about Keenan hahaha! Man that reminds me of when we were looking for Alton back in our youth. How sad. The typhoon had no effect on us to answer your question. 

Well this week has been one of the best in terms of effort and results. We've been working like there's no tomorrow and the results come. We were able to accomplish goals this week. We also have a baptism coming up this Saturday! This will be the first one in our proselyting area in almost 16 months. I also was chosen this past Saturday to baptize my zone leaders investigator. It's been a long time since I've been dressed in white and it felt really good to be in the water. But it was even better to see someone willing to follow the Savior and know that we have His authority on the earth. 

This week's mission challenge was 20 Recent Convert and Less-Active lessons. We set a goal to get it and we got 23 despite losing Saturday. We went out to Kenny Village, our furthest area I think, a mountain, and other far areas, and found quite a few inactives. When we finished our RCLA search in KV it was dark and needed to get back to sentro. We needed a tricey or we would have to walk for about an hour or 2. About 20 minutes in we waved down about 5 triceys that weren't full and also could take us to our destination but wouldn't stop for us. We continued our walk and I remembered a video from PMG about an investigator who was trying to catch a bus with his mom and none of the buses would stop. His mom suggested that he should pray and he did so and it worked. So I was thinking in my head if that would work for two elders who have traveled so far, rejected by inactives, and wanted nothing more than to share the good word. I said a little prayer in my head and asked that if it be His will, could you provide us with a ride home so we can continue your work. Next thing you know, triceys stop for us in a matter of only 10 seconds. After 5 rejections we got two triceys who were willing to give us a ride. God hears and answers our prayers. I've also been trying to look at almost all the small things and how the Lord played a part in it. It's very amazing.

Keep on praying people and he will keep on listening. "Never forget that a loving God is as close as a prayer."


Love


Elder Brown











Zone activity day




No comments:

Post a Comment