Wednesday, October 21, 2015

October 20th - Teaching English

Question. Why does your subject say "sons"? haha. You only got one on the mission mom haha. Sorry I wasn't able to email yesterday. My computer was having problems and my time ran out. I got permission to email today. That's awesome that The Jets are gonna be in the Philippines. I remember in my first area in Oas I would here their songs everywhere. As to the ward I'm going to be attending, I got no idea. Probably the home ward cause I'll be leaving in 3 months to BYU to a YSA ward.

Your questions:
1- Yup
2-Conference is always the bomb. I loved it.
3-Yeah he looked like he was gonna go down soon haha
4-Yeah your talk was on point mom no worries 
5-I have read more in this one year than I have in my whole 19 years of life. I am excited to go home and read a bunch of gospel books.

As for my health I'm doing just fine. I've gained 3 pounds thanks to all the food we get fed here. This past week was good. We have a set baptism on halloween day. We are looking forward to it. It's been a long time since I've witnessed a baptism. I've often reflected about this past year and realized that it has been the best year. I have gained a lot more than I have given up and given to the Lord. One thing President Guanzon shared at our trainers training is that some people will stay home and not go on a mission at all because they believe that's the best way to support their family. That is nothing but a lie and somewhat of an excuse to me to not serve a mission. President then went on to share that a mission will bless our families more than us being in their physical presence. Why? Because we are devoting everything we have to God and also because of D&C 100. Serving God through our missionary efforts is the most important duty after all that has been said. I am grateful that that was a priority I set when I was younger and that I had been born of goodly parents who have raised me in a gospel centered home.

Life is great and I do not wish to return to my nightmares of being home and talking with the people that I don't really miss but that I know and love.

Oh btw, I taught english and writing class for a YSA activity and youth.


Love,

Elder Brown

Fun side note we met two white guys one from LA and one from Indiana and they were very cool. It felt weird talking to non-missionary Americans.



 I taught English to YSA and youth
 We killed a snake


No comments:

Post a Comment