Sunday, October 4, 2015

Sept 28th - God is mindful (Alma 26:37)

Hello family!

I am training a short-term missionary from Legazpi. He's only 45 minutes away from home haha. His name is Elder Dorosan. We had a pretty good week this week despite the days we lost due to training meetings. It was cool to see all the new missionaries come in. Especially the foreigners because I am one myself. I can't believe that that was me. It felt good to be on the other side.

This past week we had one of the best lessons I've ever been apart of because the spirit was so strong. We are teaching this young 11 year old girl who living through a trial no 11 year old should ever have to go through. The night we taught her she was very down and had nothing to share with us as to why. The lesson plan took a change and we taught a person and not a lesson. After the opening prayer she was in tears, during the lesson, and while she closed the lesson in prayer. She expressed her gratitude and asked for a blessing upon members of her family. And yes. I only got a little teary eyed. It was a great testimony builder for all there. Definitely a moment I will never forget. 

As I thought about what we should do my mind was impressed and the impression came to share Alma 26:37. The highlight in that verse that she liked was that God is mindful of all in whatsoever land they may be in and that His mercy is over all. We felt impressed that she needed to know that even though she's an 11 year old who's very quiet and kinda shy, God is mindful of her and her situation. God can hear the thoughts of one that does not express vocally. The Lord God suffered for all and suffered below them all. He knows every bit of pain and sorrow and that has ever and will ever be experienced. He knows you better than you even know yourself. Who better to be the one to succor the children of men than the Savior himself? 

I encourage you all to come unto Christ and become reconciled unto him through his Atonement. His enabling powers are there for all those who will follow him. I love and miss you all and hope life is treating you well.


Love,


Elder Brown











No comments:

Post a Comment