Monday, August 3, 2015

Aug 3rd - Challenges in Batan

Good to see that Elder Fiefia RWH and became a better and stronger man. I remember being there when he left and it's good see he's home safely. I'm excited to see the pictures for when Alton gets home! This morning we had our zone activity because this is the last week of the transfer. We went bowling, played pool, ping pong, and then ate on banana leaves at the church. We had chicken adobo, fried chicken, and of course rice :)

This week was another good week. We got great work in and found 2 new investigators who are fairly interested and have committed them to baptism on September 5. I hope I get to stay on Batan for at least another transfer or so because we feel so confident about baptisms on the 22nd of this month. People we've been teaching for a while now. Batan has been a little more challenging this past transfer because the water from the pump has weakened and there's quite a few people that are there to fill up their buckets in the morning. The church is still about 120 meters away from the pump but we figured out a way to make it easy and get water quicker. Difficult situations definitely open your mind to finding new ideas. When I first arrived on Batan we had members feeding us pretty much every night but nowadays we are left to ourselves. I'm basically like nana. Eating noodles (pancit canton) all the time and sometimes corn beef. 

I remember when Alton shared how much he enjoyed reading "The Infinite Atonement" earlier in his mission. I was interested so I bought one for myself. I read quite a few pages but I had no interest in it really. But being on the mission it means so much more and my love for our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ has increased so much. It is definitely a book that is hard to put down. One thing I am grateful for that my mission has done for me is that it has given me a love for reading and studying about the gospel more and also secular studies as well. I haven't finished the book yet but sacrament means a lot more to me now and my view of things have changed a bit. I would encourage the spiritually hungry to pick up this book and read it! 

That's about it and I'll send the pictures next week. I don't have my card reader with me :( Love and miss you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment