Monday, August 24, 2015

August 24th - The power of wishing!

It's so weird to hear that Alton has a commercial real estate job and is starting college soon. I can't even see that far right now haha. That's great to hear that he hasn't wasted anytime. I feel like football will always be in my system though. But don't get me wrong I have discouraged myself against it. But hey why not give it a shot??

I feel really great and love it here in my new area. I especially love my new calling as a district leader. I felt so inadequate and quite stressed because I would have to teach a district meeting every week but I love it because I have learned so much and my gospel study is more spiritual. I have also strengthened my testimony in the words of prophets and apostles. I recently read a story in the Liahona about the power of waking up early and the blessings that come from it. I wanted to receive the revelation needed for district meetings and I decided to put this story to the test. The story told about how the apostles receive revelation best in the early hours of the morning. I have found that it is very effective and true. 

I have also learned that wishes come true (sometimes). But in this case my wish came true. Just a fun little story I wanna share. On Sunday we didn't have anything to eat on the house except magic creams (crackers). We were starving the rest of the day. Around 7 I said to the member working with us that I wouldn't even care if it was just bread someone fed us that would just fine. Well about 5 minutes later a member I hadn't met yet was standing outside and we just said hi and stuff and then invited us in. And lo and behold, bread had been served to us, with peanut butter, chocolate spread, and some ham spread. The power of wishing for bread is powerful haha.

The work is still great and I love it here.

Love,


Elder Brown

Someone we saw on the street.
 Barangay police
 Guinobatan Zone

No comments:

Post a Comment