Monday, August 10, 2015

August 10th - Goodbye Batan

The past two days were really hard to accept. It's the end of the transfer which means transfer announcements and I'm being transferred. Being transferred reminds me why I don't wanna go home next year and stay a lot longer. I'm really gonna miss the people here. We have baptisms set for this month that I've looked forward to since we started teaching them. I'm glad that they'll be in good hands now that I'm gone. I will really my second family on Batan. I felt like I was in the refiner's fire on Batan but God always has a way prepared to accomplish what he wants us to accomplish. And he has seen fit that I've accomplished my work on Batan. 

This week wasn't very productive due to a sickness that seemed to be killing my companion haha. But don't worry we saw a doctor today and he just needs to rest for a couple days and take some certain medicine. 


While we were waiting at the hospital, I was reading The Infinite Atonement and then I took time to pause and ponder on what I was reading. I also took the time to look at the many people around me and more especially at all the patients waiting to see a doctor. I thought about how there were many in the room who maybe have been suffering with what they have for a long time, or maybe just recently. It varies for each person.  I tried to put myself in their shoes. I wondered if they were happy, sad, in pain, angry, upset, in disbelief, anxious, scared, etc. Then I turned back to the Savior and I thought about our Savior Jesus Christ. The Savior knows exactly what each and every single one of them are going through. He knows how to help them, heal them, and more importantly how to help them return to Him. He knows them, He knows me, and an infinite amount of people. His love extends to everyone in this world and in the worlds without number because he suffered for all people on all the worlds without number. The Savior is the ultimate healer because he has descended below them all and redeemed us from death. How terrible life would be if one suffered from disease or sickness their whole life, die, and never rise again. His Atonement truly is infinite and matched with an infinite love for all of us

I am thankful for the Savior and all that he has done and continues to do for not only me, but for all. I am excited to see the pictures next week when Alton goes "flying into your arms" mom haha. 


I love you all :)


Love,


Elder Brown. 




 Apodaca family

 This little dude is Jazz that's what I call him cause he likes to wear his jazz jersey
 Tatay Frank Santillan and Regine, she will be baptized very soon.
 Meet HULK HOGAN, yeah this is his real name.  He asked for my army flash light but I gave him one of my Black cologne instead, he loves it!

 Tattoo's wife, Nanay Tita.  They always took good care of us and kept us fed many times.  They are strong members.

No comments:

Post a Comment