Wednesday, July 8, 2015

July 5th - I'm a Trainer!

Maray na hapon sa indong gabos!

There's some bicol for ya. hehehe. Well I now have a new companion. And just like Alton, I am a trainer. Well only a half-trainer. I will be finishing his training this transfer. His name is Elder Mamapa (pronounced like Mamata) from Mindanao and he joined the church when he was 13. In Mindanao they speak Visaya mostly. It's different from Tagalog so Tagalog is a second language to him. He says he's still learning but he's fluent. He's 21 right now and a diligent missionary. He also prays very sincerely. And no I didn't give him the Elder Page treatment haha.

I am very grateful for this opportunity and I have already seen the Lord's hand and his help in my life. My goal I told you last week was to learn more bicol and I have. I've been understanding a lot of it too. I also have been doing my best to memorize scripture verses in tagalog. We taught this young family who remind of Joseph Smith. The wife told us she's confused because she's been visited by other religions and attended many other churches and they all say they're the one. She really wants to know the truth. I was able to draw upon verses that I have memorized from the Christ's sermon and she was quoting it with me with a big ol' smile on her face. We invited them to baptism and though a little hesitant they accepted trusting in our testimony. August 8 is the day that's set. The challenge now is having appointments when the husband isn't working. They never know when they have time.

I know I've been saying it since she got called to Cavite but I really am excited for Tana. She will love the Philippines, the people, the culture, and the music haha. And if we really are cousins she'll love the food like me. The weather is super hot. Man everyday (except the cloudy rainy days) I'm so drenched in sweat you'd think I broke the rules and went swimming. There's really no difference. Even at night it's the same for me. Oh yeah and when I show our family pictures (thank you nana) to investigators or others they don't even hestitate to say how skinny I am. :( 

Love and miss you all. Ingat kamo!


Love,


Elder Brown

Elder Tonga (middle) from Auckland & Elder Malu.  
 My Trainee!
 Elder Miller from Utah.  He attended Mtn Crest HS
 Elde Lethaby, the Canadian legend, he's cool!


No comments:

Post a Comment