Monday, July 13, 2015

July 13th: Lost 15 Ibs

I hate to start off with some bad news but I have to. I've now lost 15 lbs. We weighed in after getting flu shots today :( And yes mom I am eating. Elder Mamapa is a really good cook and he's loves to cook. We have a really strong companionship. I finally feel old in the mission. He's still fresh in the mission and just like Alton and his trainee, I can see myself in my trainee too. 

My mind has been caught up in pondering on the mission of the sons of Mosiah and Alma. In Alma 17 and 26 we read about the characteristics of the Lamanites, before they became the Anti-Nephi-Lehies. There are people here that are willing to listen and be taught but will always stay in the religion where they were born in raised no matter what. It kills me on the inside and I just want to give up on them. But I always have hope for them when I read about who the sons of the Mosiah had to teach. They were the means of teaching and bringing thousands of souls unto repentance. They were able to convince murderers who delighted in bloodshed. Who were born and raised to rebel against the Nephites. 

It is one of my greatest desires to see our young men serve missions. Yeah we're not able to do a lot of stuff that are in the world but we do a work that saves people from the world. I truly am so happy here on my mission. I was able to teach sunday school this past Sunday and it went very well. Even though I'm on a small island in a small branch, I have made tremendous growth. I couldn't have pictured myself doing a lot of what I'm doing as I entered the MTC. I testify to what Alton shared in his email. You are not here because of who you are but who you can become. I am beyond grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who has provided us with a Savior--Jesus Christ. I feel that I can somehow relate to Alma in Alma 29. This is the greatest work and it brings the greatest happiness. I wouldn't want a single young man to miss out on a mission. The Lord and the people of the world need you and your service! 

I love you all and I love that you guys are doing so well and are living strong in the gospel. Forgive me if any of this email didn't make sense grammar and sentence structure wise. I've used the delete button one too many times. My companion isn't very good with English so I'm forced to speak Tagalog all the time. It's very very helpful.


Love,


Elder Brown

P.s...Haha thank you mom. Tell tana to get this sentence down. It will help and she'll will use it a lot: Hindi po ako marunong magtagalog kasi bago pa ako dito sa philippines. Pasensya na lang po!

Mom:  "What's the meaning of this son?"

Lawrence Brown

1:43 AM (2 minutes ago)
to me
I don't how to speak tagalog kasi (cause you see) Im still new here in the philippines. Very sorry! hahaha

Elder Brown:  "I enjoyed listening to Tana's talk and also their family sing. Very well delivered talk :) Always be prepared to give a talk on any topic. If you're in a branch like mine, you'll be giving talks all the time haha."



I walked like this for 30 minutes till we hit the church cause we had to walk in the ocean after getting out of the boat



 Arrival picture
 Arrival picture

No comments:

Post a Comment