Monday, April 27, 2015

April 26th - "he things you learn in you youth will always find you on your mission"

Wow there are a lot of amazing things going on back in America! The coolest of all though is that Aunty Tiare and Uncle Kautai met one of my inspirations, Eric Thomas! Being on the mission I've forgotten pretty much all of the speeches he gave. I no longer know them word for word and the energy that goes with it haha but it's alright. It's only because I am now learning the speeches, teachings and words of the greatest teacher of all, our Savior Jesus Christ.

I'm glad you were able to have a very enjoyable birthday mom you definitely deserved it!

I'm very adjusted to everything in my area and yeah the boat ride two. It's a great time to read and observe the creations of our God.

That's so awesome to see Keaola become a member! I was actually reflecting this past week about how much I wish I had given referrals to missionaries or had been more aggressive in missionary work amongst my friends.

Yesterday after sacrament meeting we were helping in planning the branch activity and I thought about the many times we did that in youth and I remembered the emphasis bishop Fisiinaua and Pouha put on the purpose and how to plan them. The things you learn in youth will always find you on your mission. Especially things you learn from your bishops! I like barbecue/camp and dance. More social and lagoon is overrated haha.Oh and for sacrament meeting there was no bread so we ate crackers haha. 

This past week has been a hot one in the refiners fire. I've been working a lot harder in language study and have challenged myself more in lessons. Yes there were many times where I was stuck and was very embarrassed but I always just think to myself about one Michael Jordan quote "I can accept failure but I can't accept not trying." Similar to Elder Dale Renlund's talk. Also to add to this fire I was assigned to teach Priesthood class, 10 minutes before Priesthood class. One of the members told me I can teach it all in English and it's alright but I knew there was no point if the members don't learn a thing. I taught and received a lot of support from my companion. Thank goodness. I taught the Atonement at first but then we changed to the Plan of Salvation due to questions concerning it.  Hard times that I love is all it is! 

Love


Elder Brown

Sorry Mom, this computer is not reading my card, so no pictures:(

No comments:

Post a Comment