Monday, May 4, 2015

May 4th - Philippines...perfect for her! I sang loud!

Philippines!! Congratulations Tana!  It's perfect for her because videoke here is life and they love to sing like no one is watching or listening haha. That's so exciting, I'm willing to do all I can to help her as much as I can, language and culture. The important thing is is that the Legazpi mission is the best in the Philippines and Pacquiao is still the People's champ hehe. 

The committee has come up with a great plan and sounds like a lot of fun!  I like that idea, "Bountiful 6th family reunion."

This past week we had interviews with President Guanzon. Elder Pangilinan and I both expressed our concerns to president our area and how we work hard but aren't having the results we've thought would surely come. President told my companion that it's like a road trip. Don't be so focused on the end goal that you miss all the little things that are a sight to see as you pass by. They're little things like commitments that help reach that end goal. The result of our newness of mind and new action plan has increased our baptismal dates and progressing and new investigators. I've been doing a lot of things that I am so uncomfortable with (in a great way) but I know that there is no comfort in a growth zone and no growth in a comfort zone.

Just a little story from this past sacrament meeting I performed a musical number believe it or not haha. No not really but for the closing hymn we sang "I'll Go Where You Want Me To Go" and only about 3 people knew it...kinda. I sang loud and proud to help lead my fellow branch members in this song. At first it was weird but I'll do what the Lord wants me to do. The singing in sacrament meeting is different cause it's slow and there are nice pauses haha. 

The island life is still great and I've only lost 7 lbs. 165-158. Oh and one thing that's cool here is there's a lot of men here that are ripped and shredded in their muscle definition. It's that natural labor and fish and rice that gets you ripped here. There's also this one guy on a little transport boat that's about Alton's size and he looks like he should be in a bodybuilding competition. He manually hand steers and turns his little boat so that's why he's so strong and big. I wanna come out here and work with them, maybe then I'll be big.

Answers to your questions Mom:

>There's this apartment in Legazpi where we come to use the computer in this one apartment.
>Those songs I told you to listen to, well they were Elder Lee Lo's favorite songs and he always sang it.  I developed loud singing from him and not caring what people think...sometimes...from him haha.
>Like I said, people here videoke all the timing the radio is always on non stop.
>For the music, add some Christmas songs cause Christmas starts in September haha.

Batan is awesome. Legazpi mission is the best!


Love


Elder Brown


My new little friends



 Eating with our hands and on a banana leaf is the way to do it here!  We have corn beef, rice, canned pork sisig and panic caton noodles




 Ginataang sitaw is my favorite here.  It has stringed beans (sitaw), chili peppers, gintaan is coconut milk, and some fish in there too.  Sobrang sarap!!!

 I've ascended to Heaven



 Halo halo.  It has ube, lot of sugar, jello stuff at the bottom, peanuts, beans, crunchy ice and I think some other stuff

No comments:

Post a Comment