Monday, May 18, 2015

May 17th - Forever grateful to Joseph Smith

Hello! I thought it was gonna be weird skyping with all of you last week but it felt like I just saw you guys a week before  haha. But no worries I still miss you all and I enjoyed it a lot! And yeah i miss my trainer, he was a really funny guy. Everyone on the mission knows Lee-Lo.

This week was not very fruitful due to fiesta this past week. It's part of the Catholic culture/tradition here. People were busy from sun up to sun down. But we still were able to squeeze out a few lessons. This week should be a lot better. This week is also the end and beginning of a new transfer and my companion and I are still staying together on Batan.

I also gave a talk on Sunday. I felt I needed to speak about the importance of strengthening and gaining a strong testimony in the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. I mentioned that there was a fight on the first sunday of the month between Mayweather and Pacquiao and that even though the people's champ lost, it didn't matter. It wouldn't have mattered even if Mayweather won because there is a much more real and important fight at hand. The fight between the saints of God and the devil and his angels. There was a lot of other things I mentioned also but this just gives you an idea. 

Also, from my personal study I have just finished The Teachings of The Presidents of The Church: Joseph Smith book. I encourage you all to read this too! It's long but it's worth it. I know I've said it since I was in primary but I know that Joseph Smith is and was and forever will be a true prophet called of God. My gratitude and love for the prophet and all men have increased since my completion of this book. The words of the prophets of old and more importantly, the one today, are so powerful and important. They will always lead us to Christ.


Love,


Elder Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment