Monday, April 20, 2015

April 20th - Mowing the lawn!

Being in a small branch that I'm in makes me appreciate everything at the Bountiful 6th ward much more. Don't get me wrong I still love my new branch because I've always wanted the experiences here in Batan. 

1-Congrats to Alexis and Olivia that's awesome that they're both going to Chile! I remember when we were all in elementary school together and now we're all about to in the mission field. 

2-Tana is gonna go spanish speaking, french speaking or Italian because foreign music is cool. Or she'll come to the Philippines cause Tagalog music the stuff! haha. People here love their radio. So Argentina, France, Italy Rome.

4-They don't wanna finish at WX? Do they like playing under coach Tidwell? It's great to hear about their success! BYU is the best in the nation. 

5-Sean's home already? That was fast. Can't wait to watch him play some college ball.

The ipod would be a much better idea so yes please! Thats great to hear the growth of the ward. I still remember our small days as a branch and sometimes being the only one in class haha. Some news from our past zone training I only have 1 hour now of email. President really wants us focused 110 percent on the work. And no mom I don't need toilet paper cause a bar of soap and water is all you need :) Plus they sell it here so thats a waste for you. 

Well this week was another mountain to climb. On Saturday we did a little service project at the chapel in preparation for Branch Conference yesterday. We beautified the yard. Mom I can't believe I ever complained about mowing the lawn. To all those who do or plan on doing it I share with you two simple words from President Uchtdorf: "Stop it." It was a great experience cutting the grass with a huge scissor basically. It's used for 'iate. It was most fun when the members would look at me trying to do it with a dull cutter, struggling quite a bit, and then having one of the tatay's show me how it's aggressively and really done. I would've done it like he did but I thought it was bad if I were to bring up a bunch of dirt but they really want that grass cut. There were some other things too that I had to learn and felt like a Kolipoki. Also at Branch Conference we were assigned speakers just before it started. Shocked but prepared I spoke on Faith in the power of the Atonement. Short and sweet.

Last night we taught part of the Plan of Salvation to a recent convert, Angelica. I've taught it so many times and felt really good with it but last night was something else. I've been trying to use new words and take the advice that my companion has been giving me and applying it. Lets just say there was a lot of times that she and everyone else wanted to LOL. Man it was hardest and embarrassing moments but I know that it's just another way that God shows his love for me and that I just need to "keep trying" as said in General Conference. That has helped me a lot.

On an even more brighter side I encourage each and every one of you to read the following story from the April 2015 Liahona. It has added to my knowledge of faith and prayer. It seemed to come into my life just when I needed it and I hope it will have the same impact on you as it did for me. Hopefully even greater.


Love you all!


Elder Brown

Ps....Oh yes that's right.  Happy birthday Mom!  Mahal na mahal kit.  Nagpapasalamat mako sa iyo.  I hope your birthday will be the best.  Salaam sa iyong magandang halimbawa sa paglilinkod sa Diyos!



Our little chapel



 This is how we travel to and from Batan
 This is where the LOLs took place.  This family is cool though and fed us pork adobo (my favorite), rice and some fish stuff
If you're standing right now Mom, I think you better sit down before you view these photos...yup, we have some pretty good little friends always visiting our room, we play with them for a while then we let them go haha.



No comments:

Post a Comment