Monday, March 9, 2015

March 8th - "Hey Joe"

Wow that's some great success that the youth of our ward are having! 389 names is insane! That's a great topic that she had. It's always important to remember and have a why in our lives. That's good for Alton. He sounds very excited to go to Weber. I'll be honest though that did sound a little weird when he said he didn't wanna get married without me his "right hand man" haha. I really hope that the YM of our ward and all YM know the blessings that come from putting the Lord first in their lives. I can only imagine what I would be doing right now if I had postponed a mission. My life would be boring now that I think about it.

I really wanna watch "Hey Joe!" because that definitely happens a lot. When I was with Lee-Lo not so much because he was "a massive beast mode beast" haha. Now that I have a palangi companion who's actually from America the "hey Joe's!" have skyrocketed. It doesn't bug me too much but I like to mess with them when they do. I remember this one time someone said it and I acted like I was angry and I said to him "ano sabi mo?" and he started to backup and was legitly afraid. I broke out laughing and his friends too and I told him "joke! Mahal na mahal kita!" just some good fun.

Am I fluent in Tagalog? Nope! Far from it.  I'm pretty good with teaching in the language but it's the understanding a person's reply that's hard. I can tell from the pictures that uncle Kaau and Dallin have lost plenty of weight that's amazing!

Nothing much to share from this past week but going back to what Nana had to speak about me and Elder Merrick were asked why we're serving missions. I asked him "gusto po ba ninyo magkasama ang pamilya po ninyo magpakailanman?" (do you want to be together with your family forever?) He said of course. I explained simply that ito ang ebanghelyo para sa walang hanggang mga pamilya. I shared my love and gratitude for the atonement and how great it is and the love that the Savior had for us. I added also that there are so many people who have no knowledge of this and there are people who are seeking for this and know not where to find it. That's why I'm here. To do just that and help invite people to come unto Christ.

It's awesome being a missionary and I love my mission so much!

That's all from me today. Have a great week! Sorry no pics today, I'll send next time!


Love,


Elder Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment