Monday, March 23, 2015

March 23rd - Elder Malu

I can tell from all the pictures that a lot of great things must be going on at home. I'm not too far cause Sister Vi has been teaching me some tongan haha. This past week we had zone training and I finally met my cousin that has been prophesied to me since I received my mission call, Elder Malu from Australia. He's a really cool guy and typical polynesian haha.

At our zone training we performed a musical number. We sang Ne fai pe mei Kalevale (first and last verse) and then one verse of Folofola mai a Sisu. Acapella. Our little group had Sisters Vi, Matthes, Aholelei, Siilata and Elder Merrick. Then me and Malu. Sister Siilata is from Samoa and is cousins with Pupi and Peka. My two good friends growing up in Laie. Sister Aholelei is cousins with the Makalio's in the Taylorsville ward. Such a small world here on the mission! 

We did some good work this past week. We found a good number of new investigators and one is a family of 6. We're excited and hoping the best for them. As well with all the others too. The biggest obstacle in our way is getting investigators to attend 4 times in a row in order to be baptized on their set day. Many people are busy or have no money. Graduation is near for all the kids and youth here so hopefully we'll be able to teach a lot more families. 

That's about it for the week. In all honesty, I love the mission and everything that's going on right now. Continue to pray and read The Book of Mormon. And ALWAYS go to church. Huwag kayong maging less-active! The church is true and I love the time I have here.


Love

Elder Brown

Sis Matthes, Sis Vi, me, Eld Malu, Sis Siilata & Sis. Aholelei

 My cousin, Eld Malu from Australia, finally met him

No comments:

Post a Comment