Tuesday, March 31, 2015

March 30th - The experience only confirmed the Church is true!

Yes finally! Someone said it! haha. Thank you very much Bishop. I've never been a fan of the tongan funeral style. I like it simple. 
The Philippines is basically Hawaii and my companion is from there so I'm not missing out on anything.

Regarding my dear cousin Aitana's situation which I think it's super cool to be asked to play Aida again, wow.   I'm not so sure. But I do know that things happen for a reason. We learn things from every situation and from every choice we make. Through sincere prayer and fasting one can make known the will of God for them. Especially when we study and feast upon the words of Christ. Ang mga salita ni Cristo ay magsasabi sa inyo ang lahat ng bagay na dapat ninyong gawin. Kung anong dapat ninyong gawin para sa inyong kaligtasan at sa inyong buhay.  Sa pamamagitan ng pagpapakabusog sa mga salita ni cristo malalaman po ninyo iyan at ang tamang direksyon sa buhay ninyo.

This week was interesting. Mostly Sunday because we attended a Mahal Namin Si Lola service (We Love Lola). We just called it their "general conference" because it was just that. One of our investigators invited me and Elder Merrick to come but Elder Merrick was a little afraid, has bad stomach problems and thought it was a waste of time. So I went with one of the zone leaders that we live with and did an exchange. Elder Neville (Oregon) and I went out to Maipon, Guinobatan, Albay about 30 minutes away from us via jeepney and tricey. 

Maipon is just one large compound/colony of Mahal Na Lola members. There was a ton of people. Walking through to our spot there were just apartments left and right and a lot of people staring at us. It's hard not to when you're missionaries and you're with a white guy. We basically sat there for 5 hours listening to an audio recording of Lola from last year. It apparently goes on for 13 hours of straight talking. Lola was busy blessing people in her home. A lot of the things she said and how she said it, hmmmm no comment to be respectful. Lola's also wear these shirts that say "Our beloved Lola of Maipon, Guinobatan, Albay is God's last TRUE MESSENGER, so let us follow her holy teachings to receive TRUE SALVATION without suffering and without death." They believe that by wearing this, you're immortal. After the audio finishes, Lola will come out in person and speak. They don't believe in the Bible. What Lola says goes. 

Our investigator was very kind and all the members there were great fellowshippers. We could definitely feel the love they had for us. Hopefully it was real. What I learned from that experience is that there is only one true church. Ang Simbahan Ni Jesucristo Ng Mga Banal Sa Mga Huling Araw is the one and only. The Book of Mormon is very true too.

Just one more scripture to add. Tana's situation reminded me of it. I encourage you all to study Mosiah 26:13. When "the spirit of Alma was again troubled;..he went and inquired of the Lord what he should do concerning this matter, for he feared that he should do wrong in the sight of God." The question I ask is simple: Who do you turn to when your spirits are troubled? When we have fear? When we have important concerns? Do we turn to facebook? A magic 8 ball? Do we go to those things first? Go to the source who is omniscient and omnipotent: Our loving Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ! Ask and ye shall receive, knock and it shall be opened unto you. 

I hope you all had a great march. And Happy early birthday to you dad. I'm forever grateful for your example in my life and the life lessons you have taught me and my siblings. 

Love


Elder Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment