Monday, January 5, 2015

January 5th - Lost 7 lbs so far

Good afternoon family! Man bishop always gives such powerful talks. I wish I could've heard that one in person. He's a great leader and speaker because of his powerful spirit. He does what Nephi talked so much about in the scriptures and that is he likens them to others. Likening the scriptures to ourselves is for our profit and learning. I realized that it is such a great tool to use in everyday life. The Book of Mormon really relates to everything.
Thank you so much for the box! I loved everything in it. 

Nothing big has happened this week but me and Elder Lee-Lo hit our goal of getting 20 lessons this week. We've come up close but never hit it. I am expecting us to be consistent and work harder from this. Especially since I've introduced him to Eric Thomas AKA ET The Hip-Hop Preacher. We went to go get something printed on his shirt and he wanted something cool so I showed him some cool shirts from ET. He copied one of the shirts and it looks really good. Hopefully it will keep him motivated.
One of our progressing investigators, Lianor, is very eager and excited to be baptized. She has been taught before but it was a long time ago. She needs to come to church this week and the 24th of this month is set and ready to go. No effort is wasted in missionary work when we work hard. Those who have taught her before planted and nourished the seed in her. She's still growing and we are here to help.
Think about those you can nourish or plant seeds in. Just like bishop shared with the gospel language. It is by small and simple means that the Lord brings great things to pass. It's a new year. Find ways to challenge yourself and be consistent. Be motivated but ALWAYS be disciplined. When motivation is gone thats where discipline comes in. Discipline requires effort when you have nothing behind that effort. Meaning lack of motivation. It's like Maurice Clarett's slogan: #DDSD. Different Day, Same Discipline. Be diligent and be discipline in all that you do. Always include the Lord in all your doings and you'll be in good hands down a good road.
My family I love you all and I hope you all had a great new years. It was crazy here.
Love

Elder Brown 2

Look at those spiders, I killed them all.  The first spider showed up at 5 am.  The other elders were running around being noisy and saying I have to come check this out but I just wanted to sleep but as soon as they said, "huge spider" I jumped up out of bed, got the broom and smashed the thing haha!  Nope Mom, not scared of spiders anymore.

Answers to your questions:

1.  Christmas box?  Yup got it, I just picked it up from the mission office, didn't have to pay taxes on it...thank you Mom.
2.  Time allow on the computer to email you?  2 hours only, but our computers here super slow.
3.  Weight?  Sad news Mom.  People been telling me I've lost a lot of weight compare to the first time I got here.  I lost about 8 lbs, dropped from 165 Ibs to 157lbs.  My companion is teaching me how to eat a lot.  He cooked the corn beef and added carrots and some other stuff, was really good.  There's this other place they make good food so I eat till' I feel like throwing up.  But don't worry Mom, I feel healthy and losing weight doesn't affect my health, work and life.  I sweat a lot, super humid and so hot here.
4.  Belt?  I use my own money Mom to buy my belt, don't worry.  The mission president allows us to buy our bamboo belt, they're really cool.  
5.  Account?  I took out $177 that's equivalent to $8000 beso here but I hardly use it.  Super cheap here.  
6.  Need to send?  If you can, please just send my protein.

I'm wearing a peanut lei.  I'm Santa to these kids.  They love the candy you sent.  
 Lot of areas like this in my area.
 Don't freak out Mom I know what you're saying, just being myself lol.
 One of the members has 6 puppies, here are 3 little ones.
 Not scared of spiders anymore Mom.
 I had to disect them lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment