Sunday, December 28, 2014

December 28th - 1st baptism

Good afternoon! Man that would've been great to hear more of their singing (referring to the Alapa family).  I miss their singing so much!! Oh and Australia?? (referring to Fifi Hosea). That's where Brother Reola's daughter is right now. I believe she just left the MTC. Im not sure but it was a 12 day stay in the NZ MTC. I believe the President and his wife are Tarawhiti's.atthe NZ MTC. 

Answers to your questions Mom:
1) Do you listen to your companion and get along well with him?  Of course! We've never argued over anything. We get along just great. He's a typical poly. That goofy, loud, always singing kind.
2) Struggle the most?  Only with the language.It's like Tonga. If you know the language you know the culture.
3) Alapas Christmas songs?  Its my new favorite Christmas song now!

Yeah it used to hold me back big time but now I use a lot of Taglish. I go as much Tagalog as I can with some English if necessary. I used to be afraid of using English but Elder Lee Lo did a great job with helping me get out of that mindset and letting me know how he started and the struggles he had. He's always very encouraging to me.  Something I learned a lot from Elder Lee Lo is his great love for all the people we teach. He treats them like family and is very comfortable and really wants them to understand the principles and doctrines we share. Despite our weaknesses I love the position I'm in. I know that it has helped me learned new important and beneficial things. I hope to one day become a trainer.
On Saturday the 27th I had my first baptism. It was for Sister Maualuga and Matthes' investigator. His name is Elominado Tatoy about in his late 60s. The baptism was a great lesson. The water was a beautiful brown color. Yes brown. It was just really dirty water that's it. It felt like water not mud or anything else so no worries. Though the water wasn't clear it doesn't change the purpose of baptism. We entered unclean water where a man was immersed and left his uncleanliness with the water. He came out a clean man. He was pure. It's a beautiful thing. Even though I had to immerse him twice cause it was hard for his body to be bent, it didn't change a thing.
It's a great feeling when you see someone make the decision on their own through the influence of the Holy Ghost, to follow our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To bring others to a knowledge of the greatest thing in the world will bring us great happiness. Now if our joy is full with one soul that we bring unto the Savior just imagine how much greater our joy will be if we are to bring many souls unto him. I find that joy incomprehensible because it's what God finds his happiness in. When we choose to follow him. God has given us this gospel and His plan. He is perfect and never changes. He is omniscient and omnipotent. Why not follow Him? He is our Master and our Creator. All things denote that he exists. How could we turn away from Him? He has given us everything and we owe him everything and we are unprofitable servants. Despite all of this all he asks of us is simple in comparison to what he could ask of us: If ye love me, keep my commandments. Love God and Love your neighbor as thyself. If you do these two, you'll follow the rest. If you love god, you'll love what he has for you. Many people in The Book of Mormon testify abundantly that "inasmuch as ye shall keep my commandments ye shall prosper in the land; and inasmuch as ye shall not keep my commandments ye shall be cut off from my presence.
Let us all choose for ourselves whom we will serve. Will you serve God? Or will I serve the things of this world? If we remember and continually hold fast to the iron rod we will never go astray for the iron rod leads to God. And to God is life eternal. The greatest of all the gifts of God.
Thank you for everything family and friends. I hope life is treating you well.

Love

Elder Brown

Elominado Tatoy and his family.  2 sisters are Sis. Maualuga and Matthes
They are addicted to my camera lol
Here's our Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment