Tuesday, January 20, 2015

January 18th - 5 steps to SERVE

Hey mom! Ha that's true, I don't think about anything at home that much. I guess there was something I was supposed to adjust to on the mission but I already was haha. It's only hard when you're not used to doing hard things. No need to worry about me mom. I have been taught like the mother's of the 2000 stripling warriors. I come from a family that lives and walks by faith. I have always been taught through actions that if I do not doubt, God will deliver me and I do not doubt that you and my family knew it. 

Congrats to Susi Teisina...wow feels like it was just yesterday I was at her mission call opening.


Good to hear the challenge Bishop gave our youth.  I really hope that the YM do. I hope it's not something they say but something they are committed to. Also next to that is seminary. Man I can't recall how many times I've reflected on lessons in seminary or come across a story in the scriptures and think about when it was taught to me. It helped me have a strong knowledge of the scriptures and really learning how to "liken" it to my own life. That will come in handy for the rest of your life.

I think that's a great conversion story! We have one investigator who has been afraid of separating from her family. She truly wants to know through the spirit that this church is true. When you said Amanaki I thought of that little boy that Papa Mosese healed haha. Alma 15:16 reminded me of Amanaki. Funny cause his name kinda sounds like Amulek and that's who the verse is about. {FYI 'Amanaki is a non member man probably in his early 60's that my mom invited to our home for FHE on Sunday}.

Also in the past 2 weeks i've given 4 sick blessings. 2 for babies, 1 to our investigators daughter, and one to a new sister in our district. I thought a lot about Papa Mos. And how he would take time to talk with those he would bless about the importance of having faith. I did that with Sister Sebia. We just had a small conversation about faith. I know that if I try to be like him I will be closer to becoming like our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. We also had a great week, we taught 31 lessons.

Answers to your questions mom:

1-Weight?  Idk same still, size 30 pants.
2-Clothes?  Good. Pants just need a clean and my suit pants have a tiny hole in it.
3-Checking account?  Yeah I can't remember how much I just withdrew though.
4-How do you feel when you read your brother's letters?  Yup! Man I dont even know if he's my brother or if he's your son. He's changed.

This week has been very religious. The Pope came to the Philippines and people in Manila were going crazy for him. That's all you see on TV is Pope Francis all over. A lot of the homes we go to have it on so we catch some of it. There was also this Catholic parade last night. The floats were covered with Santo Nino "dolls". People were carrying them around too. My mind was brought back to 2 Nephi 28 haha. I also thought about Alma 31 and felt the same way he did when he prayed. 

Yesterday I gave my talk that I was assigned to give. My topic was "service". It was raining yesterday and there was also a typhoon alert on Saturday. Nothing serious. But when it rains on sunday there's not many at sacrament meeting. I think there was about 20ish. Nevertheless I still spoke during a brownout. Here are the 5 steps to SERVE:

Smile when you serve
Everyday. Serve everyday
Right Reason(s). Serve for the right reason(s)
Valiantly. Serve valiantly
Everyone. Serve everyone.

You never know the impact of your service. It can be as simple as a compliment on one's hair or clothing. It could be a huge community service project. Big or small who knows you maybe the answer to someone's prayer. When we serve others we are serving Christ. Serve as he would and have charity in your heart. Think about other people who stand in need and put yourself in their shoes. How does it look? How does it feel? 

Our opportunities to give of ourselves are indeed limitless, but they are also perishable. There are hearts to gladden. There are kind words to say. There are gifts to be given. There are deeds to be done. There are souls to be saved. "Go gladden the lonely, the dreary; Go, comfort the weeping, the weary; Go, scatter kind deeds on your way; Oh, make the world brighter today!" (Thomas S. Monson. The Gifts of Christmas. Dec 2003)

Well love you mom, till' next week!  Send my love to the ward and a big thanks to Bishop for all the counsel and wisdom he has shared with me.  I often reflect on his words many times a day.

Love,
Elder Brown


Little Nathan, it took me a long time to know his name cause of his heavy accent. This one tops Alton's picture haha



Takes skill to ride a bike on a path like this.  It's about 60 yards long in the middle of a rice field where the home is at, cool and the kids are funny.

The Philippines beauty is a testament that God is the Great Creator of all things.
                                                                         
                                                                            Elder Lee-Loo
                                         "The Philippines isn't ever beautiful, SAID NO ONE EVER"


No comments:

Post a Comment