Monday, November 10, 2014

November 8th - The Lord doesn't send out any missionary to fail!

     This week was great and I know you guys did too.  It looks like you had a lot of fun and I'm waaaay jealous of Nana going to Hawaii!!  I'm hoping I can send pictures today because the last time my camera was acting weird.

     The language is getting mas mahirap (very difficult) especially with conjugations.  Our 2 investigators also understand less English so we really have to speak SYL (speak your language) the best we can.  I have set many goals for language and I've been very good with them.  My goal is to have 100 new words down, 5 verses of scripture, 7 phrases and write 5 sentences for each conjugation verb a week.

     With the many difficulties I am faced with I have been doing a lot more praying and studying.  I don't stress or worry much because I have learned much about the Lord.  Eric Thomas talks about how everyone wants to be on top but no one wants to endure, enjoy, and love the process of getting there!  I have learned to love the struggle because it will make it much more meaningful when the Lord helps me become the missionary I am to be.  In 1 Nephi 3:7....The Lord will prepare a way.  He didn't send me and my companions out here to fail.  He doesn't do that with any missionary or anyone in life.  God has reasons and purposes for everything.  If we are diligent, faithful, and hold fast to the iron rod continually, he will deliver us through our daily struggles through his tender mercies.

     I'm grateful for my companions.  I know that the Lord put us together for a reason.  I will be forever grateful for Elder Nibarger for being Elijah.  He has turned my heart to my fathers.  His grandpa, Lamont Nibarger was good friends with grandpa 'Iohani.  This week, Elder Nibarger's dad told him more stories about grandpa 'Iohani again.  The stories about grandpa are amazing, listening to all of them makes me feel so grateful for the rich faith of my ancestors on both sides of my family.

     I love this work and I love all of you.  I miss you all but not as much as I love what's going on in the MTC.  I'm going to memorize D&C 4 in Tagalog next!  I've got the first verse down and I'll get the second down today!

Love,
Elder Brown












No comments:

Post a Comment