Sunday, November 16, 2014

November 15th - Prepare now, don't wait....

     That's what President Howard told me.  It's now 4 years in a row unfortunately (Elder Brown is referring to WX loss on Friday semi-champ game with Timpview). I'm sorry about Braxton's injury, I hope he understands and learns that God has a purpose for everything.  I know that to be true from my foot injury.  It was the greatest blessings God has given me.  For my friends out there, now that football is over, if you're planning to go on a mission, this is the time to prepare not when you are at the MTC.

     By the way, last Sunday I was made a Zone Leader!

     Answers to your questions Mom:

1.  Workout?  Hardly any time to do that but I try to keep up.  First week and a half here, didn't have any time.

2.  Diet?  I eat till' I'm about to throw up everyday:)

3.  My health?  Kasulugan ko is abutting mabuti (my health is great)

4.  Hair cut?  Haven't had one cause I'm letting it grow to have an African American kind of hair to get the right haircut I want.  With my hair I can only go as low as a 5 on top and a 2 on the side.  This is the Lord's MTC and I'll be obedient to what he wants even if it frustrated me a little bit.

5.  Mason's painting?  I will send the Tidwell family a letter.

     I will be hosting again next Wednesday and about 700 missionaries will be coming in because it's the week before Thanksgiving.  We got our flight plans and I'm the flight plan-leader or something like that.  I'll buy a $5 pre-paid phone card here so I can call you guys from the airport.  I leave on the 27th.  We have to get up at 3 am and get things ready and leave from here at 8 am.

     Yes time definitely does fly by and so do the memories of home.  A lot of the time I'll forget that I even had a life before the MTC.  It'll just feel like I've lived here my whole life.  Pasensiya for forgetting about you guys lol.  The work is very mind-expanding and your investigators become your biggest concerns.

     We taught a skype lesson to some in the Phillippines on Thursday about how the BOM can help you receive revelation.  It was cool!  I was comforted by the fact he could understand our bad Tagalog.  I'm excited to leave for the Phillippines.  We had a 2 new districts entered our Zone this week, good group of missionaries!

     Oh sad news though, this past week we had 2 elders went home:(, one didn't have a testimony and the other one had one but no desire to serve God.  The rest of their districts left and definitely wasn't the same, but great group of missionaries!

     I was so glad I got to see my Laie best friend, Manoa, he was always talking about something we did growing up and I wouldn't remember.  I love that Elder!  He's still the same.  I also ran into another childhood friend, Moli Kaingataa (I think Lawrence meant to say Kanongata'a).  He's huge like an NFL lineman.  He looked very familiar when I first saw him, Manoa said we went to his birthday party at one time.

     A scripture that has constantly been on my mind is found in the Aklat ni Mormon.  Aklat ni Alma kabanata dalawang put animo (26) bersikulo dalawang pu pito (27) (Alma 26:27):  "Now when our hearts were depressed, and we were about to turn back, behold, the Lord comforted us and said, "Go amongst thy brethren, the Lamanites, and bear with patience thine afflictions, and I will give unto you success."  Learning a new language as a missionary is very difficult and often easy to feel this way.  Mahal ko ditto bersikulo dahil sa alia and kaligayahan that it gives me.  ( I love this verse because of the comfort and happiness...) This can apply to all of our daily life challenges.  Just as Joseph Smith had his Liberty jail trial, he endured it with patience.  I know that if we apply this to our lives, our faith and love for the Lord will increase through our humility unto Him.  We accept that His will is most important and best for us.  The Lord is omnipotent and omniscient.  His son is our Savior and Redeemer who loves us.  Alam ko po na mabubuay po any Diyos at si Jesucristo.  (I know God and Jesus Christ live).

     Family I miss and love all of you.  I pray for you all every single day, especially my grandparents because I want to do more genealogy when I get home.  Mahal kits pamilya ingot po!!

Love,
Elder Brown














No comments:

Post a Comment