Saturday, November 22, 2014

November 22nd - "You're related to everyone here?"

    Magandang Umaga!  I heard about the game from my Branch President.  I'm still proud of the boys at home.  Yes I got your dear elder letters and I laughed when Alton mentioned the "nike belt" haha.  I feel like he shared that with me before but I can't remember.  The video Elder Brown1 mentioned about meeting our Maker is the same thing I thought of when grandma, Papa and Nana were on their shaky flight.  Answers to your questions Mom:

1.  Haircut?  Yes, getting one today.  I asked the MTC President as we walked by his office and he said he'll let me get a haircut as low as a three.
2.  Small suitcase?  I only unpacked it just to get out some more shirts.
3.  Liquid stuff?  I'll make sure to pack them in the check in suitcases....yeah I'll do that.
4.  Flight?  Delta airline to Seattle and from there to Tokyo and from there to Manilla and then to Legazpi.  I'll email you on Wednesday before I leave.

Mom, remember I will be calling you guys from the airport in the morning.  We leave from the MTC around 4:45 am and I think I'll flight around 8 am, but just expect a call on Thursday morning from the airport.

     Something I find funny, the most popular question around here, "are you related to everyone here?" lol.  My companions always have to wait and be patient with me cause I'm always talking to people that I know, look familiar or poly.  I've made a lot of new friends because of that.  They always say, "so everyone here is your cousin," haha!

     This week was a good one.  My companions and I have definitely been working harder because we leave so soon.  Last Sunday I gave a talk.  They call you on the spot so then everyone prepares a talk.  The topic was on the Atonement.  I spoke about the will of God and how my foot injury helped me come closer to Christ and His Atonement.  I want to serve a mission because I want to fulfill my purpose as a missionary.

     Imbitahin ang iba na lumapit kay Cristo sa pagtulong sa kanyang sa matanggap na ibinalik ang ebanghelyo sa pamamagitan ng pananampalataya kay Jesucristo at sa Kanyang Pagbabayad-sala, pagsisisi, binyag, pagtanggap ng kaloob ng Espiritu Santo na Pagtitiis hanggang waka. (I hope that was right!).

     So many of God's children do not have a knowledge of the restored Gospel.  They have looked but cannot find.  Imagine living your life without a knowledge of the blessings and the infinite goodness and power of the Atonement.  It makes me think of a couple of scriptures:  2 Nephi 25:26, Helaman 5:12 and DC 18:10, 15-16.  It's my duty to be a representative of Jesus Christ and invite all to come unto Him.

     I urge all of you to read and ponder in your hearts the message behind the following scriptures:  Alma 37:6, 40-41.  Ponder and treasure up the feelings of your heart and mind and let the spirit work within you.  It's truly by small means that the Lord shows forth His great power.  Just like Nephi when he was building the ship to get to the promised land in chapter 17 & 18.  This is how he received revelation and I know that this has been true in my life:  18:1,  Nephi worshipped, worked, and from time to time, the Lord showed him what manner he should work the timbers of the ship.  As we continue reading in the chapter he said he didn't make it after the manner of men and how it was learned by men but by the Lord's manner and knowledge.  Nephi went to the mount oft and prayed oft and was therefore revealed many great things.

     So the question I ask to all of you is this:  What ship are you building and how are you building it?  The way you or your friend(s) want it or the way the Lord wants it?  Are we communicating with our omnipotent and omniscient God, our Creator, Lord and Master?  It's through Him that all great things are underestimate the things that we can do when we are in the service of our God.  When we submit ourselves to God's will and have the willingness and patience to follow Him.

     Well family and friends, Mahal kits.( I love you) Alam ko po na max makapangyarihan any pagababayad-sala n Jesucristo.

Love,

Elder Brown

Oh and a cool first time experience happened for me this week.  I gave my first blessing.  Sister Petersen in the district behind us asked me for a blessing of comfort and counsel.  It's amazing how the Spirit works.  I had no idea what I would say but as soon as I started the words from D&C 100:5 and 84:85 came to my mind and I was comforted as I let the peace and Spirit work within me.  I was guided to share about the Atonement of Jesus Christ.   I thought of Papa and how amazing the Spirit works within him to speak so powerfully with a huge vocabulary.  I hope I can one day become half the man that my grandpas and great grandpas were!

Mum:  Son, I ran into Tom Stewart at the temple, he said to say hello to you.
Elder Brown2:  Hahaha, I still remember when he asked for an autographed pic of me, nice guy!
Mum:  Jasmine had a baby boy, Alexander.
Elder Brown:  I'll call him Paul Alexander.
Mum:  I read your letter to grandma and Papa, the part you mentioned the big vocal.
Elder Brown:  Good I miss them and their bright smiles a lot.  They're so funny and I love their example.  Oh, a lot of people from Kiribati and Marshall Islands have been in our Zone and they get endowed here.





No comments:

Post a Comment