Tuesday, July 12, 2016

June 27th - 4 baptisms for Nana's birthday!

Ah man that's sad to see that she's bald now but it's good to see that she's so happy about it and has received a ton of support.

This past week we couldn't work as much because my companion was hospitalized because he drank some dirty water apparently. He was in there for 2 days but now he's good. And man was the bill expensive! Just a little over 12k Pesos. Its a good thing that I had just the right amount of emergency money in order to help pay the bill. The right amount ended up being all that I had so I was broke from Friday till today. Just had a little cash to use. The word on the street is Alton is making bank so feel free to put 100 dollars in there for me to live and also so I can get the souvenirs you guys want like the cool belts or t shirts.

For Nana I know that her bday must have a been an unforgettable one. I know it was for me and my companion because we had 4 baptisms from our area and 2 from the sisters. These 4 have been awesome to teach and have changed so much. The one wearing a red and black hat in the picture was a computer addict. He was always playing games and social media. He's very shy. Because he came to church there he received his answer that the church was true. Since then he gave up gaming, even clash of clans haha. He talks a little more and is a lot more happy. He wants to serve the Lord more to make up for the time he wasted on games. The others have also made great changes in their life. 2 of them are a young couple with one child and got married this past wednesday. It was awesome to finally see them all get baptized because it was a day that they had all been waiting for. 

Today we had a farewell zone activity for President and Sister Guanzon. They leave on the 1st and President and Sister Kotter will be coming in. I'm excited but I will miss my first parents in the mission.

This work is the best and nothing compares to it. The days are going by super fast in the mission as I approach the last 3 months of my mission. It's sad but tomorrow must come.


Love,


Elder Brown



No comments:

Post a Comment