Sunday, April 3, 2016

April 3rd - BOM is free

Wow Im really excited now for conference. This will be my last one here and then I'll be home a week after GC is over in Utah. So just wait till I get back and then lets watch it together for family bonding time haha. Being here on the mission has made me really hungry for General Conference. I love reading the Liahona's. That's good to hear that nana has a high ACT score. Its definitely better than my 21 without studying and my 17 with intense studying. As for those professors I say it is impossible to disprove the Book of Mormon and the witness of the Spirit to all who have received him through prayer and reading.

Well I'm excited for next transfer because we have a few great investigators that are diligent in their reading. We also received quite a few referrals from a strong active member. Most of them are seventh-day adventist but I prefer that over catholic because these people have a good knowledge about God and the bible instead of the "just do good and ask for forgiveness and your saved" belief.

One of our new investigators was someone we OYM'd (open your mouth) at a little store. We noticed Jesus Christ was his screensaver so we talked with him and gave him a pass along card and a restoration pamphlet. The next day at work he read almost all of it and was very curious about the Book of Mormon. He was wondering where to buy one and so he was very surprised and happy that it was free and for him. He's a good, humble father, catholic, and desires to grow closer to Christ. He accepted May 14 as a baptismal date and will talk with his family about this. He really enjoyed our message and said we are welcome anytime. 


I'm excited for his progression and also for our diligent readers. My companion and I have been great with the mission rules and we desire a miracle. Even just one baptism. I love the work regardless of 1, none, or 100 baptisms. As long as I get to work in His vineyard and give it my all and He knows it, then I'm satisfied.


Love,


Elder Brown 
My companion's glasses

No comments:

Post a Comment