Friday, April 15, 2016

April 11th - 7th Day Adventist church girl

Aloha din sa inyong lahat!

Wow that's cool that they'll come back in December. I'll tag along to be the guide :) hehe.

This conference weekend was awesome! I always love conference. I only have a couple more months and I'll be home for conference. I'm looking forward to it but I love being a missionary. Life is better when your thoughts are on people that you teach. 

We had 2 investigators attend GC. One of them have a great chance of being baptized on May 7. Grandpa's birthday I think. She felt bad cause she had to wear street clothes cause if she doesn't, her brother will know that she's gonna be attending church at the Mormons. Her family is just straight up catholic. But our investigator is open minded and reads and prays daily. 

Last night we had a great lesson. It was a lot like a lesson on the Preach My Gospel The District 2 videos with Elder Christensen and Moreno and their investigator Jynx. We've been teaching a girl that's 17 and strong in her beliefs as a 7th Day Adventist. She basically told us that she's satisfied in her church because of her calling and that she feels guided and she's happy. We asked her about her praying and reading and she said that she's been doing okay. She's been taught for 3 years now and she rarely attends our church services. In missionary work there are at 3 things that will bring us revelation: reading the Book of Mormon, praying, and attending church. We followed the spirit and helped her improve in her reading and praying. She said she tells God to give her the answer. We suggested that she ASKS for an answer in question form. Her BOM reading has consisted of opening and scanning. We suggested that she study and really read the words and ASK. And we invited her to attend church. I was really grateful in this lesson that we had members present who were converts and who also took a while to become members. But despite 3 convert testimonies, 3 powerful testimonies, she was still content. In my head I was thinking "how can I tell her to soften her heart and not be rude about it?" I'll admit she is pretty hard. She admitted that she only listens to us to be respectful to her mom. In the end we left Alma 32:27-43 for her to read. We all knew the spirit was there and it was definitely a powerful lesson.

There was also a 7th day compound that we tracted and they were super nice, they fed us and were very warm and welcoming but they are die hard 7th day. We answered their questions and I was surprised at one reason why they are still saturday worshippers. They asked about why we're sunday so we shared Acts 20:7 and Mark 16:2. The man explained "okay. But Jesus respected the saturday by resting on saturday and then rising on Sunday. Because it was a commandment, he rested on saturday. I was surprised and we took it back to the Book of Mormon. He doesn't believe that Jesus appeared in America and so we said we would bring him a Book of Mormon and he is very willing to read it and find out for himself.

Overall this week was great and I've been getting a little trunky cause they have like high school olympics here in Legazpi, Albay and in my area. Just a bunch of schools from all over the Philippines competing in different sports. I miss the sporting environment. But I still love my calling as a missionary.


Love,

Elder Brown

96 more days before the sister missionary returns home


Dinner with our 7th Day Adventist Church friends
Stake service project at Bicol University








No comments:

Post a Comment