Tuesday, November 17, 2015

November 8th - Transfer to Matnog in the Bulan zone

Hello my family!

Here is the moment you have all been anxiously awaiting. I've been assigned to the south in the land of my forefathers. Elder Lee-lo my trainer was trained here by another Samoan. I'm in Matnog, in the Bulan zone. It's right next to a beautiful beach and I can see Tacloban from here. This area has had a lot of bad history with missionaries and has a very poor conversion rate. There are many recent less-actives here and LAs in general. Nevertheless it's a cool area.

I'm glad that I had been assigned on Batan before because the water here in our apartment works only at night. It's also hot but Batan was survivor mode. No problems living here. It's super hot down south and it's about 5 hours away from the mission office. I'm still a District Leader. My new companion is from Mindanao, Elder Tutor. I won't tell you his first name cause it's Nasty. Like really it's Nasty. 

We had a great first week together! The problem is people don't see why their baptism as a child is sufficient enough. We're just the same they say. We've extended many baptismal invitations and haven't had any accept. I pray the spirit will continue to work through us and through them to see why they need the true gospel of Jesus Christ in their life. 

Life is great despite the great task we have ahead of us. I can honestly say for the first time in my mission that I don't get nervous during or before a lesson. I have no fear. I always had a fear because of the language barrier. But now I can speak and express myself very well and I understand a lot better. I'm not perfectly fluent but I feel very comfortable. God will never abandon those who continually seek His inspired counsel and help. The Atonement will help all overcome weaknesses and more importantly, sin. I know He lives and I love laboring in his vineyard.


Love,


Elder Brown

















No comments:

Post a Comment