Tuesday, June 9, 2015

June 7th - Be prayerful

Congrats to the batch of 2015 (they call it batch here). Do you know who spoke at graduation? It's good to hear that the sick in our ward are getting better. Little Mason's the man! I miss him and also all of the Tidwell's. I wish coach tidwell the best in his new coaching position. I know he'll not only have an impact on the team's success but more importantly on the individuals. He will always be one of my favorite coaches.

This week was great. We had a hands on submitters family history training this past week. It made me think of nana and all the tremendous work she put in and also with helping our youth become regular temple goers. Keep it up! 

The testimonies that were shared yesterday were beautiful and about the power of prayer. One mother bore her testimony about how her prayers were answered. We have been teaching her son, Marvin, 23, and her "husband". She prayed that one day her husband and son would one day here the missionary discussions. Whenever missionaries would ask to set an appointment with the dad, he never accepted. The first time we met and set an appointment he willingly accepted. Her son was the one I included in the last email that found interest in our lessons. 

She also has asked her partner, June, to marry her but he always said no. In her testimony she shared that he recently asked to marry her. Not only has her prayers been answered but her son's also. She shared that her son approached after he prayed about Joseph Smith and our lessons, and asked her 'mom why does my body feel hot after praying?" Well you know what they sing, the spirit of God like a fire is burning. 

In our teaching we have focused a lot on prayer to all those we teach. I pray that our investigators and members will act on the feelings and miracles they have seen in their lives. Continue to be prayerful in your everyday efforts. 

"Now my brethren, we see that God is mindful of every people, whatsoever land they may be in; yea,he numbereth his people, and his bowels of mercy are over all the earth. Now this is my joy, and my great thanksgiving; yea, and I will give thanks unto God forever. Amen."   -Alma 26:37

Even on the tiny little island of Batan, God hears and answers prayers. He is no respecter of persons and is mindful of us. All we have to do is ask in faith to the Father, which is right, believe that we will receive, and it shall be given unto us.

Love,

Elder Brown

1 - What kind of food there son?

A lot of foods similar to the lu. like lu sipi or lu pulu. They have a lot of leaf kind food. Also chicken and pork adobo which are super good, fish, crab, good healthy greens. The meat foods here do not disappoint. I love all the food here. I'll definitely miss it when I leave. But rice is always a must have. rice is life. Also we eat with a fork and a spoon. The spoon is the feeder, the fork is the loader so to speak. Its a lot better than just a fork

2- Should Fotu play football?  

11.5. And a hall of fame running back curtis martin once said in his hall of fame speech, that if his daughter wanted to play football, he would let her. Not because of the thrill or the fun of the game but because of what he learned from football and how it built his character. I would say the same thing. I wouldn't be the man I am today without sports. especially football. Just like at how much effort me and alton put into a sport that we knew was so short for us. Alton wouldnt be able to share that his coaches taught and always said to him leave it all on the field if he didnt play football. But just whatever aunty is comfortable with. I think curtis martin might have played with bishop for a year or two maybe.

t's a game that changed my life is what it is. All the injuries, all the blood shed, the sweat perspirated, the swearing from coaches and players, the disappointment, the cheers, the good times, bad times, everything, i wouldn't take back or have it any other way. The coaches and teammates you have and the bond you create are very special and something I will always treasure


Elder Bunag, Wlater and Malu


No comments:

Post a Comment