Monday, June 22, 2015

June 21st - Member missionary work is essential

Good Afternoon sa inyong lahat!

Don't worry mom, I had it fixed last tuesday and it only cost 1700 pesos (38 US dollars).  She ended up fixing two so 850 for each. It was a very nice home dental place. It was kinda cool though to all of a sudden see Dinah Jane on the big ol' TV they had there.

I miss hearing the Alapa family and their voices. I wish I had a voice like theirs. Tana will do good here and she'll probably always be the chorister because when there's no piano or piano player, the chorister gives the good ol' intro to the song. A lot of people hate it. I embrace it haha. Also yeah she'll probably lose a lot of weight. We went to the gym this morning and I put on my Mountain West Elite football camp shirt. I remember that used to fit like spandex. Now I feel like I'm wearing a shirt 2 sizes bigger. I also decided to do some squats with the bar. A legit real weight lifting bar! (the gym we go to here is a real one at home of a doctor) I put on 45 lbs on each side, which before my mission was a toothpick. Now it's the heaviest thing in the world :( 

Nothing super exciting this week but have increased our teaching pool through our tracting. One of the struggles for us is a member present. That's why I'm so happy to hear that you have been engaged in helping the missionaries. Member missionary work is so essential. Especially in fellowshipping the investigators. There are a few that we are for sure will be baptized and then some we know will take more time. 

Yesterday was the third Sunday, which means Elder Pangilinan and I give a talk. I thought about the work you guys have been doing with the missionaries and I remembered one of my favorite verses that nana shared with me a while ago. It was found in D&C 123:12-13. I started off by telling them how Papa joined the church and his familly. And also how Atonio joined the church. (Hopefully I remembered their stories correctly...and had the right people) To summarize it all up, I stressed the importance of every member being a missionary and we can all be a part of it. This is a work that we should waste and wear out our lives for. There are many yet upon this earth who are waiting to hear it. 

I also added that one of the golden investigators in Oas Elder Lee-Lo and I taught, and also Elder Merrick and I, he was baptized a couple weeks ago. He was taught in November. He never would've had that opportunity so quickly or even in this life had it not been for the courage and faith of one member sitting on a jeepney with him. He was referred to the missionaries. He was a man that was ready and was looking for the truth. I've never seen a non-member study the Book of Mormon with such eagerness and down to the very details of the book. Every verse had a note in his notebook. I am grateful for his example and for the member on the jeep.

Whether it be big or small we can all be a part of this great work! Thank you dad for your example and love you have shared with our small family. Everytime we clean and set up the chapel, I can hear your voice in the back of my head to go set up the chairs. Or if I'm just standing there I can hear you coming to tell me to make myself busy haha. Thank you and love you dad.


Love,


Elder Brown

Our zone took 2nd place in our activity








No comments:

Post a Comment