Monday, February 23, 2015

February 22nd - Our Golden investigator family turning into rust:(

Hello my family! Man sooo much great news from home and the ward! The scripture is definitely true. In Mosiah 2:41 it talks about the happy state of those that keep the commandments of God for they are blessed in all things, both temporal and spiritual. Keep on keeping the commandments of God! The Bountiful 6th ward has some the best leaders around.

Well this was my last week with my trainer and "beloved district leader" Elder Lee-Lo. Man am I gonna miss that guy. I learned a lot from his actions. He always had fun while doing the work. It's gonna be difficult to follow him up because his love for the people and the time he took to get to know them was strong attribute for him. It was a fast 3 months that's for sure! Time flies when you're having fun but even faster when you're happiness is found in doing the Lord's work and walking in His ways. This Tuesday I will find out who my new companion is! We finally baptized one of our investigators who was quitting on us. But slowly the seed of faith began to grow within her. And now she knows this is the true and restored gospel here on the Earth.

I'll be honest I felt like I was the one leaving. As Lee-Lo was saying his last goodbyes I felt like they were mine too. I realized how much I love being a missionary and how extremely blessed I am to be serving in Oas right now. There's no place I'd rather be than here, doing the right thing, at the right time, with the right stuff. I don't wanna come home. I think I'm gonna miss these people more than when I left you all in Utah. It's such a beautiful feeling to be filled with charity and love. You begin to see people as who they truly are and their potential instead of a bad judgement. I encourage you all to strive to fill yourselves with charity and love everyday.

Well some bad news here. Our golden investigator family is turning into rust. We last taught them on Wednesday about the Word of Wisdom because they were so anxious for that lesson. We finished the Restoration and The POS. After that Wednesday night they've been gone. "Wala sila!" (They're not here) is the answer we always get when we go there. It's funny cause we can see the kids looking to someone in there and then turning back to us over and over saying "wala! wala!" Then we caught them hiding too. We didn't mean too but they were there while we walked by. They immediately grabbed their kids and snuck back in the house. I don't know what's going on but I think they've gone back to their former religion. 

It's hard to see this happening especially when they were progressing so well. Nevertheless we will not give up! This work brings the greatest happiness so it's no wonder why I feel such great sadness. I love the work and I love the people. Everything is great in Oas and Polangui. 

I love you all and remember the church is true.


Love,

Elder Brown


Thank you dad. I always enjoy reading your letters. I never thought I would miss when you would make me do things I never wanted to do or had a bad attitude to do haha. I never forgot when you shared something from that making and keeping friends book. Something about remembering a person's name and how important it is and the impact it has. So thats something I always strive to do. I wasn't sure if I was gonna be like you and leave crying when I'm done with my mission but I know Im gonna cry just leaving my first area when my time comes.

Thanks for the clarification on the apostasy. It makes sense now that I understand it was only from the Bible's point of view. 

Maraming salamat po sa lahat! Sobrang nagpapasalamat sa magandang halimbawa na set po ninyo sa akin.


Love

Elder Brown 2

On Mon, Feb 23, 2015 at 2:30 PM, Tomasi Me Email <tomasibrown@me.com> wrote:
That's awesome son.  Great letter.  You always get to learn some great things from your comps and try to incorporate them into your teaching or mission.  Keep in mind the part of the apostasy is mostly talking about the history of the old or ancient world according to the bible.  Just think of it in that context and remember when Crist came to the new world the first thing he did was give Nephi the power to baptize (3 Ne 11:21). Good stuffs for sure.  

Anyway, I know the feelings you're going through.  When you leave your mission part of your heart will stay with those people because you are truly learning to have charity and a true Christ like love for others.  It's amazing how it works.  Love the pics. Glad you're trying to remember those little kids names.  That's important and it will make them feel special and loved.  You'll never know how much or what miracle will come out of that simple gesture.  Keep up the great work son and know we love you and are proud of all you do.  It's always hard losing a golden family, but things happen for a reason and just go by the spirit.  Just move on to the next family that's ready and willing to follow the Saviours example.  Their time will come sooner or later.  K. Take care and good luck with your new companion.  

Love, Dad. 

Me and my crew. They call me Elder Frutos now. Sometimes Elder Bingo. Everytime we come down this street all the kids come running like it's the end of the world and climb all over me and screaming my name. They'll ask me  "ano ang pangalan ko?!" (what's my name?!) Every single one of them. I always forget one or two. I'm almost perfect with their names!

The way I give out candy is through math questions, church questions haha, or I ask how much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood? Then they're stuck and just say "bonga" (Idk what that is) or Papa Jesus! haha 





Our last district picture, my companion, Elder Lee-lo is leaving tomorrow.  Gonna miss him:(





No comments:

Post a Comment