Monday, March 14, 2016

March 13th - False Pastor

Hello!

This has been a fun, tracting filled week. Opening an area isn't super hard but it's challenging because we don't know where people live. We were able to teach 5 new investigators after 20 hours of tracting since Thursday afternoon. We've put our faith in being exactly obedient to the rules and mission our source of help and strength. We know that God will not leave us helpless in His work.

The ward here has about 470 members but only about 70 are active. Yup. That's most of the church here in the Philippines. I love the members here, they're very warm and welcoming and have great meetings. We bore our testimonies and introduced ourselves yesterday and my companion sang "I know that my redeemer lives". Everyone loved it and he has a great voice!

We had a fun experience last night with a born again pastor who hates our guts and says that we aren't christians and Joseph Smith and The Book of Mormon are not in the bible and it's worthless. He had nothing but garbage to say to us and didn't even look at us. It reminded me of this one time in Matnog that a born again pastor said that Joseph Smith is not in the bible so that makes him a false prophet. I then followed that up with what I hope was an inspired question. I asked him if he was in the bible and that he's not so he's a false pastor. Haha. It wasn't a debate at all but this guy was just raging like a dragon and we were chill and just listening to him and shared our testimonies and left. I love meeting those kind of people. On the bright side the other guy in the home is a retired pastor and now a teacher. He was very understanding and wanted clarification and answers instead of passing false judgments. It was a great question and answer session and he will study The Book of Mormon. I know that the Book of Mormon is true and that we need it for our salvation.

Well that's it for this good week. I hope yall are happy and still blessed!


Love,

Elder Brown



No comments:

Post a Comment